I am an Indian If I do Following things
- Always order soup 1 by 2 (invented in India). That way you get more than if you had ordered 1 soup with an extra bowl.
- When ordering sugar cane juice, first insist on no ice cubes. However after the first few sips, ask for the ice cubes with a straight face.
- Ask for extra puri when you are just finishing your bhel or sev-puri. It is absolutely ok! Ask for pani after finishing Gol-gappa. It is good for health.
- Ask for free cucumber/boiled aloo after you have eaten and paid for your sandwich. Remember ~ after you have paid.
- Sample all the ice cream flavours free at Ice Cream Parlor and then order Sitaphal.
- When buying peanuts or ground nuts or Chana-Chor-Garam it is ok to keep on munching freebies from the display area till the time your order is getting packed. It is your birthright!
- At most Mughlai restaurants you can make a small meal with the free Papad, peanuts, onions, pickles and chutney so you can skip the starters.
- Always ask for free sherbet after you have super sucked your Kala Khatta Gola back into ice.
- It is absolutely ok to pocket the free toothpicks, mint packets and fennel seeds served at restaurants – to be used later while walking down to catch the cab, rickshaw, bus, train or car.
- If you sneeze regularly and you don’t want to use hankey, taking extra napkins or tissue paper from restaurant is your birthright
You do not forget to give ‘MISSED CALL’ (a concept invented by the Indians).
- Speak English, kiss French, drive German, dress Italian, spend Arab, party Caribbean. Copy all this like a true Indian
- You might spend 50 rs on a Samosa in the food court of a theater but would never buy a $0.99 app from the App store.
- Even if I am in a deep sleep I’ll answer ‘Regular’ when the waiter asks “Mineral water or Regular water”.
- You get really sad when someone tells you post a wedding party “Arey yaar tumne Jalebi miss kar di, panipuri ke left me thi”( Ohh God!! You Missed Jalebi, It was right next to Panipuri)
- You see the price tag first, before saying a dress is good or not….