Virat Kohli has rested in the squad for the ODI series. Rohit Sharma will captain in his place.
The BCCI’s selection committee on Monday announced the team for the last Test series between India and Sri Lanka and the three-match ODI series on Monday. For the last Test, Shikhar Dhawan has returned, the rest of the team is like before. There is no name for Virat Kohli in the squad selected for ODI series. He has rested from the ODI series. Rohit Sharma will captain in his place.
Team for 3rd Test against Sri Lanka
– Virat Kohli (Captain), Murali Vijay, Lokesh Rahul, Shikhar Dhawan, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Rohit Sharma. Wriddhiman Saha (wicketkeeper), R. Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Kuldeep Yadav, M. Shami, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma and Vijay Shankar.
Team selected for ODI series
– Rohit Sharma (Captain), Shikhar Dhawan, Ajinkya Rahane. Shreyas Iyer, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, MS Dhoni (wicketkeeper), Hardik Pandya. Akshar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuswendra Chahal, Jaspreet Bumrah, Bhubaneswar Kumar and Siddharth Kaul.
Shreyas and Siddharth may have ODI debut
– Shreyas Iyer and Siddharth Kaul have also included in the squad selected for ODI series. During this series, they will debut their ODIs.
– Shreyas Iyer in domestic cricket, then for Mumbai, play for Siddharth Kaul, Punjab. Iyer had a T20I debut against New Zealand this month.
Why was Virat rested?
– Hardik Pandya has been rested in the Test series against Sri Lanka. When a question was asked, Virat had said, “I am not a robot, cut and see, blood will be released from me. I also need rest.”
– “Every cricketer plays 40 matches a year. People who have more responsibility for work, they need more rest, I also need rest. The player who gives so much extra on the field, he is also comfortable And circumstances do not always make everyone understand. “
– Virat has played 44 matches this year in three formats (ODI, Test, T-20).
Hardik, the cricketer playing the most matches in the year after Kohli
– Let us know that Pandya has played 36 matches in all three formats of cricket this year. After captain Virat Kohli (44 matches), he is the most played Indian in three formats.